Media Monitoring Reports

Icon

Nepal's UPR report on FoE

The UPR report was submitted jointly by Freedom Forum and Netherlands-based organization Free Press Unlimited (FPU) in the thirty-seventh Session of the Working Group on the UPR under the themes FoE, access to information and safety to journalists.

Icon

Annual Press Freedom Report- 2020

The report highlights status of press freedom violations in Nepal during the year 2020.

Icon

COVID-19 Impact on Nepali Media

Freedom Forum this time has come up with an assessment report on ‘The Impact of COVID-19 in Nepali Media’. It is a result of the FF’s continuous watch on freedom of expression and information, press freedom, journalists’ rights and media industry in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic that began showing its effects in Nepal since the beginning of 2020.

Icon

Media Content Monitoring Report of Province Media- 2020

This report presents the finding of month-long monitoring of 21 dailies published from seven provinces for inclusion
of women in their main news.

Icon

Media Content Monitoring Report of National Media- 2020

This report comprises analysis of gender inclusion in media contents published during the month of February, 2020 in major nine national dailies and six online news portals.

Icon

Gender Content Monitoring Report of Province Media

Among total 1008 news stories scanned from the main pages of 21 province dailies, 24% showed named byline with 8% names of female and remaining 92% names of male journalists.

Icon

Press Freedom Day- May 3 report-2020

Nepali Press under State Surveillance- Digital skills in journalists imperative to avoid digital threats-

Icon

Gender Content Monitoring Report of Provincial Media

Among total 1004 news stories scanned from the main pages of 21 province dailies, 25% showed named byline with 5% names of female and
remaining 95% names of male journalists in the quarter of July to September.

Icon

Gender Contents Monitoring Report (October to December, 2019)

The report highlights findings of three-months long monitoring of main news contents published on selected nine national broadsheets and six major online portals.

Icon

Women as News Source up by 3% in Online News: A Report